Copyright & Permissions Policy
Permissions Policy[dropcap style=”default”]With the exception of “guest posts”[/dropcap]written by others (see the bottom of this page), the content on this Web site is owned by me, Sam Lowe and is copyrighted in my name. Like any other publisher, I want to find a balance between getting my content as widely distributed as possible, while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. I’m sure you agree, because, like me, you’re a team player. Yo?
Without My Permission
Here are the things you can do with the content on my site without getting my permission:
- Link to StartConfident (my site) or any specific post on my site
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words from my site on any other site, provided you link back to my original post
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication, provided you include this copyright notice: “©2014, Sam S. Lowe. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.StartConfident.com.”
Not Without My Permission
And here’s what you need my permission to do:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content (‘cuz like, that’s stealin’. And you’re not that kind of person, are you.)
- Alter, transform, or build upon any of the content contained on or in this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
Re-posting of my posts in their entirety is NOT permitted. This is because Google penalizes websites that publishing duplicate content. Can’t blame them, really: Google can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
Also, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages because I’m not able to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write, because — it’s their stuff. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing content by anyone who guest blogs on my site, you must contact them directly.
If you would like to use some of my content for a purpose that is not covered here, please email me.